Contact Us
Rectangle 7

Build your
life on the Peninsula

If you have any questions, or want to learn more about our building process, please get in touch with us today. Our friendly, experienced consultants will be in touch to discuss your circumstances and offer some clear guidance.

New home builds on the Mornington Peninsula

If you’re wanting to build your dream home with expert builders in Mornington Peninsula, Waltara Homes are the professionals you need to oversee the complete design, planning and construction process. Before you start planning and designing your new home, make sure you’re aware of any restrictions that apply to your land.

Property Information

A Property Information Certificate will tell you whether your land is subject to flooding, bushfire or if there are any designated land or works.

Building Permit

A building permit is required before any building work begins to ensure that work is safe and complies with the Building Regulations 2018.

Planning Permit

The local council’s Planning Services unit can provide advice on whether a planning permit is required for your building. They also provide a dedicated pre-lodgement meeting service to discuss your proposal in detail and advise of any changes needed on your application to meet Council requirements. 

Construction may require additional permits

There are a number of permits issued by Council that can be required during the construction process. Waltara Homes will assess whether you need additional permits for your build. Some addition permits may be required for;

  • Identifying the stormwater point of discharge,
  • If you’re doing building work that requires demolition,
  • If you’re building a new driveway, 
  • If you need to do minor work in a road reserve, such as drainage or domestic service connections,
  • If your building work is in a commercial area or where there are large numbers of people, you will need to take measures to protect the public. 
  • If you need to occupy a road or footpath, for example, to manoeuvre plants, equipment or to store building materials.
  • If you want to landscape your nature strip.

Title Search

A Certificate of Title is a personal record of interests and rights affecting your land,

including mortgages, covenants, caveats and easements. Check your title for any restrictions that might affect how the land can be developed.

Flood Prone Maps

The Mornington Peninsula Shire council will have flood maps so your Mornington Peninsula home builders are aware of any areas prone to flooding.

Service Authorities

Contact the relevant service authorities to confirm what services are available to your property and to check if there are any easements that may restrict the use of your property. 

Inform your neighbours

Keeping your neighbours informed about your building and renovations can help avoid problems before, during and after building. 

To get started, speak to one of our experienced team members at Waltara Homes.

Build Your
Life On The